Water Softener Repair & Installation
Problems with Hard Water? Hartlaub can Help!
Are you tired of getting only hard water from your faucets, and are you only able to drink store-bought water from plastic bottles? Hard water is a common problem for a lot of households – not only does it taste bad, but it could be adversely affecting or pipes and water quality. Over time, you may notice that your water softener no longer functions as well as it once did, and that’s where the professional plumbers at Hartlaub can help.
With a professional water softener installation in your Wisconsin home, you can expect nothing but the very best in quality. The professionals at Hartlaub make sure that our customers have the water softener that for their particular needs, and we’ll make sure that yours is properly integrated into your plumbing system.
5 Signs Your Water Softener Might Be Broken
- You see hard water spots – hard water spots can appear in many ways, but they’re usually unattractive brown or greenish stains or rings found inside bathtubs, sinks, shower areas, toilets, and faucet taps. Hard water can also build up limescale, which can clog sinks and showerheads
- Your skin feels dry and itchy– hard water contains minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and iron, which can dry out skin and make it feel itchy after a shower or washing hands. Laundering in hard water can also leave minerals in clothes and bedding, leaving your skin feeling constantly irritated.
- Soap won’t lather – soft water contains sodium and potassium, which allow soap to mix with water. Hard water, on the other hand, has iron and magnesium, which is insoluble in water and won’t lather soap. These minerals basically “hijack” soap and turn it into scum that floats on the water.
- Changes in water pressure – A buildup of something called limescale in faucets and showerheads can cause low water pressure and even clogs in your home’s plumbing system.
- Salt in your brine tank – water softeners have something called a brine tank, where salt pellets are dissolved to keep the water “soft”. If you look in your brine tank and see undissolved salt inside, that may be an indicator your system has stopped working and you need the professionals at Hartlaub to fix the problem.
Water Treatment Services from the Best in Wisconsin
It’s important to make sure that you select the right water softener for your home, and the water treatment experts at Hartlaub can help have the very best at the lowest possible cost. At Hartlaub Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, we offer a wide range of water treatment systems to fit your budget. If you need a water softener to remove the hardness from your water, our team of specialists is here to help you.