Plumbing Repair for Your Home
RELIABLE SERVICE FOR THE MILWAUKEE AREA
Homeowners know plumbing problems pop up all the time. Old age, environmental or accidental damage, hard water, or even faulty installation contribute to most of the issues we see at Hartlaub. As a leading provider of plumbing services in Milwaukee, we're always available to fix any emergencies that spring up.
Hartlaub plumbing values your service and we don't waste your time. We work quickly, consult with you every step of the way, and don’t leave until we get the job done. We're available for emergency services 24/7, so never hesitate to call!
Signs You Need Plumbing Repair
Understanding when you need to call a plumber is half the battle when it comes to good home maintenance. Thankfully, there are a few common signs to look for when deciding to call a professional:
- Banging or knocking pipes
- Brown stains on the walls, floors or cabinets
- Visible water damage along the molding
- Sudden decrease in water pressure
The experts at Hartlaub have seen all of these problems and more, so call us if you see some of these signs in your own home or apartment.
Top Plumbing Tips for Homeowners
- Know the Location of Shut-Off Valves: Every home (but not condos or apartments) has their own dedicated shut-off valves. Know where these are in case of plumbing emergencies.
- Put Your Vacuum to Work: Small, hard objects like a child’s toy or comb are best sucked out of the drain using a wet-dry vacuum. A plunger will only push the object deeper.
- Don’t Ignore Leaks: Small leaks have the potential to become big problems. On top of that, they waste up to 200 gallons of water a day. Don’t ignore the little stuff. Get it checked out ASAP.
- Never Over-Tighten Fittings: You may think that a tighter fitting is more secure, but they often lead to broken bolts and stripped screws. Remember: “hand tight is just right."
If you see a problem you can’t tackle yourself even with these helpful tips, contact Hartlaub. We'll handle it for you.