Milwaukee Plumbing Repair for Your Home
GET RELIABLE PLUMBING REPAIR SERVICES FOR THE NEW BERLIN AREA
Over time, you may find your plumbing system falls prey to problems related to old age, environmental and accidental damage, hard water, or even faulty installation. As a leading provider of plumbing services in the Milwaukee area, Hartlaub is always available to homes in your area for plumbing repair.
When you call the professionals at Hartlaub, however, we can make all your plumbing issues disappear. We also offer emergency plumbing service 24/7 to provide a solution to any emergency issues within your home.
5 Tips to Prevent Your Pipes from Freezing Over in the Winter
Wisconsin winters tend to get pretty chilly – with the constant snowfall in addition to the subzero temperatures, homeowners may get concerned about how their house will hold up against the cold. One of the biggest worries is plumbing pipes freezing over – if it gets too cold out, pipes that carry water can potentially freeze over and possibly burst, flooding your home with water and causing thousands of dollars in damage.
There are certain measures you can take in order to keep your pipes warm this winter – check out the 5 main ways you can keep them from freezing over!
- Keep the heat on – this is the most obvious way to keep your pipes warm during the winter months. Be sure to keep the heat on both day and night in the winter so as to ensure your plumbing pipes don’t get too cold.
- Open interior doors – since pipes are usually located in cabinets, it’s a good idea to open interior and cabinet doors so that heat can circulate more easily throughout the whole house and keep pipes warm.
- Drip water through the faucets – if you’re concerned about a pipe freezing over, turn the faucet on just a little bit to allow water to drip through. Doing that relieves pressure in the system and prevents blockages from forming.
- Add extra insulation where you can – basements and attics tend to be places with little to no insulation, so pipes located there may need a little extra insulation. Fit those pipes with foam rubber or fiberglass sleeves to help decrease chances of freezing.
- Seal up any cracks and holes – often times, you’ll find gaps around holes where pipes run through walls and floors. Seal up those gaps with caulk or spray foam insulation to keep water from freezing on the outside of pipes.
If you’re worried about your pipes freezing over this winter and you don’t feel equipped to deal with it yourself, contact the plumbing professionals at Hartlaub today.
Signs you need plumbing repair
Plenty of things can go wrong with your plumbing system, and only a professional plumber can tell you exactly what the problem is. Monitoring your system with a watchful eye and a careful ear can lead to catching a small issue before it leads to a major repair need. Common signs which indicate your home may eventually need plumbing repair:
- Banging or knocking pipes
- Brown stains on the walls, floors or cabinets
- Visible water damage along the molding
- Sudden decrease in water pressure