Grease Trap Installation and Maintenance
Keep Your Commercial Kitchen Clean and Grease-Free
When you work in a commercial kitchen or restaurant, grease is bound to accumulate on pots, pans, and cookware. Simply washing away the grease into your drains will clog up the pipes and lead to severe plumbing problems, which is why a properly-functioning grease trap is incredibly important. Grease traps are plumbing devices that intercept greases and solids before they enter the wastewater system, and they are necessary for most commercial kitchens.
If you need a new grease trap installed in your kitchen, or you need your current one repaired or cleaned, call the experts at Hartlaub today to learn more about our services.
Why You Need to Maintain Your Grease Trap
- Prevents bad smells – over time, as grease and solid waste builds up in your grease trap, the materials rot and start emitting a bad smell. Foul, rotting odors shouldn’t fill a food establishment, especially when there’s paying customers around!
- Saves money – leaving grease and waste inside your grease trap for too long can produce sulfuric acid, which damages your plumbing system. Getting your grease trap maintained regularly can save you a lot of money on costly repairs.
- Makes cleaning easier – trapped food and grease becomes more and more difficult to clean the longer it’s there. If you’re not careful, this debris will become rock-solid inside your trap and be virtually impossible to clean.
- Clogs less frequently – an uncleaned grease trap, especially ones that have solid waste, tend to clog more frequently. Inhibited water flow can cause both the water and waste materials to overflow and spill backwards, causing a lot of damage to your plumbing system.
- Pass inspections – Wisconsin municipalities often conduct regular inspections to ensure commercial kitchen and restaurants are staying up to code. If they detect high amounts of oil or waste in your water system, you’ll get penalized.
Schedule an Appointment with the Professionals at Hartlaub
The expert plumbers at Hartlaub can install, repair, or maintain your commercial kitchen’s grease trap. If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of using a quality grease trap for your commercial kitchen, give us a call today!