Air Conditioning Maintenance
Keep your A/C system running efficiently with regular tune-ups from Hartlaub
Like any mechanical system, an air conditioning system requires periodic maintenance to keep it running properly and efficiently. Not only that, but all manufacturers of both air conditioning and heating systems require adherence to the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule in order to keep the warranty in effect.
Some air conditioning system maintenance can be easily done by homeowners, such as removing dead leaves, branches or other debris that may have accumulated near the AC unit and replacing air filters on a timely basis. Just replacing the air filter at the recommended intervals will go a long way toward keeping your system operating efficiently and giving you many years of trouble-free service. Other maintenance work, though, will require an HVAC technician, which is where Hartlaub comes in.
To ensure your system is working properly, we recommend an annual A/C system tune-up. Our tuneup covers everything required by manufacturers to keep your warranty in good standing, and then some. Spring is the best time to schedule an A/C system tuneup—before the cooling season starts. The cost is $___, which can easily be recouped in the money you’ll save on lower energy costs.
What’s Included in a Hartlaub Annual Spring Air Conditioning System Tuneup?
- Check and clean condenser coil
- Check evaporator coil
- Measure blower motor amperage and voltage, inspect blower belt
- Check refrigerant charge (and recharge if necessary)
- Lubricate motor, bearings and fans
- Check and tighten all electrical connections
- Check temperature and pressures
- Check thermostat and recalibrate, if necessary
- Check operation and labeling of emergency shutoffs
- Check controls and safety devices
- Check capacitors
- Check condensate drain
- Check relays and contactors for proper operation
- Inspect ductwork for leaks
- Measure amperage and voltage of A/C system
- Start and test operation and cycle of unit
- Measure airflow and supply/return temperature differential
- Check humidifier/dehumidifier
The Hartlaub Total Care Club is Your Best Value for Complete HVAC System Maintenance
Hartlaub offers an annual maintenance plan that covers both heating and cooling systems. The plan includes both a spring tuneup of your A/C system and a fall tune-up of your heating system, as well as discounts and perks only available to Club members.
Keeping your A/C system in good working order with an annual tuneup can cut your monthly energy costs by about 25% and reduce breakdowns by as much as 95%.
Hartlaub works on all major AC and HVAC system brands, including:
- American Standard
- American Standard